We have come to the end of the 2020 school year and much has been accomplished! I have been in education for over 20 years and there were many firsts during this year. It is tough to look past the last nine weeks, but there were so many great things that happened in the fall, winter, and spring.
I want to thank our teachers and staff members who worked so hard to make sure our kids were learning, that they were fed, and also thought it was vital to work on mental health during the pandemic. I cannot tell you how many zoom meetings, emails, phone calls, Google classrooms assignments, and more took place over the last 50 or so days. It goes to show how our teachers and staff can adapt to any situtation to provide excellent learning experiences.
It is also important to thank our parents and family members who became teachers during this time. Our students and our school could not have done it without you! We know that you played a huge role in your child's education and there were many sacrifices made so that your kids could continue to learn.
We have been busy completing a variety of projects:
1) The High School and Middle School Gym floors were totally redone. We look forwad to seeing the kids play on them.
2) New flooring was put in on the second floor of the high school.
3) LED lighting in the high school classrooms and in the gym.
4) The new football stadium is under construction and will be done in late July or early August.
5) The custodians and maitenance staff have been busy cleaning the buildings and doing all types of work to keep our facilities up to the standards that our community expects.
The class of 2020 will graduate this weekend and we are excited to see their impact on the world. We will be broadcasting a virtual graduation and also carrying out a drive thru graduation to honor their achievements.
As for the fall, we plan to return to school as normal. We have contacted the Governor, State Board of Education, and our State Legislators to let them know we believe that kids need to be back in school full-time. Once we have more guidance we will be sure to let you know.