like to thank our custodial, secretarial, and maintenance staff for all of their
hard work this summer. Our building
looks great and is ready for another positive school year.
building goals at Wapakoneta High School for this school year are as follows:
1. Peer Observation – each staff member will participate
in 4 learning walk opportunities throughout the school year.
2. Establish positive relationships with our students.
3. We want each teacher to be daring and try something
new in the classroom this school year.
4. Teachers will schedule at least five parent
conferences for November 26, 2019.
5. Each teacher will make at least 2 parent contacts per
6. Our staff will increase their understanding and
implementation of Depth of Knowledge.
7. Our 8th grade staff will complete a book
study on ICU.
We had an amazing turnout for our back to school celebration. It was exciting to see all the students and parents attending this event.
Department of Education has created new graduation requirements for the class
of 2023. Over the course of the next
three years, we will be transitioning towards these new requirements, which are
going to provide our students with three different pathways to earn a high
school diploma. This is going to create
a challenge to monitor and track each student’s progress towards their
will be completing a school culture survey three different times throughout
this school year. We hope to use this
information to improve the experience for all students.