PurposeTo recognize Wapakoneta City Schools alumni who have distinguished themselves in the areas of professional achievement, community service, and/or athletic endeavors. This would include those alumni who have received their diplomas from Wapakoneta High School, St. Joseph High School, Buckland High School, and Cridersville High School.
- To honor successful graduates of the schools that now make up the Wapakoneta City School District.
- To allow contemporary students of the Wapakoneta City School District the opportunity to recognize and appreciate contributions made by alumni.
- To bind all areas of the school district community with Wapakoneta High School.
- To establish a responsive relationship between those being honored and the Wapakoneta student body and faculty.
- To encourage civic responsibility, citizenship, and achievement among the student body.
Organization and Duties
- Executive Committee
- This group will be responsible for developing the framework of the Distinguished Alumni Hall of Fame Award. The Executive Committee will be composed of: High School Principal, Assistant High School Principal, Athletic Administrator, one high school staff member, and three (3) members from alumni representing schools making up the Wapakoneta City School District. The principal shall appoint the staff member and three (3) alumni to the committee.
- Vacancies on the executive committee will be filled by the high school principal.
- The executive committee will solicit, receive and verify nominations, prepare voting lists, tally votes, and make arrangements for the induction.
- Selection Committee
- Voting will be done by the selection committee. The selection committee will include all executive committee members and five (5) other members to be chosen, at large, by the executive committee.