Students and staff have just returned from Thanksgiving Break and there are a few school weeks before we break again for Christmas. Over the holiday I was able to reflect on all that I am thankful for. I am extremely thankful to be able to serve as the Superintendent of Wapakoneta City Schools. It gives me great pleasure to work alongside our staff to teach your children and serve this community. Thank you for allowing me to do that!
I hope that you were able to spend time with your family and celebrate the holiday as well. On behalf of the school district I would like to wish you a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!
What is going on at the school?
- We have kicked off the winter sports season. I want to wish all of our young people and our coaches good luck. I know it will be another excellent showing for Redskin athletics!
- On December 10 our choir will be having their Christmas concert in the Performing Arts Center and the Band will have their concert on the 17.
- Christmas Vacation starts on December 21 and students return on January 7.
- January 10 will be the end of the 2nd nine weeks, half the year will have flown by!
- The musical Mary Poppins will premiere on the weekend of January 25. We are looking forward to that performance.
As always our school district will continue to focus on being the leader in providing excellent learning experiences for our students. All of our staff members are dedicated to helping your child progress to be the best they can be. In fact, this year we are going to stress that each day as we promote the #bebetter initiative. How can we be better than we were yesterday? We can be better in the classroom, in showing how we care for others, in making healthy choices, in being confident, in our performances, and so much more. Look for more information about the #bebetter movement at WCS.
As the year goes on I know that there will be many positive things that happen in the district. If you should ever need anything from the school please call your child's school building, and you can always contact me directly at 419-739-5200 or email@example.com.
Aaron M. Rex